CSET Science Subtest I: Dynamic Processes of the Earth
The University of California, Irvine Extension, supported by generous grants from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and The Boeing Company, is developing online courses to prepare science and mathematics teachers for the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET). This module is part of the preparation for CSET Science Subtest I. It covers:
- Tectonic Processes I: Continental Drift
- Tectonic Processes II: Seafloor Spreading and Plate Tectonics
- Tectonic Processes III: Thermal Processes
- Tectonic Processes IV: Types of Plate Boundaries
- Tectonic Processes V: Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and Earth Resource
- Tectonic Processes VI: Earthquake Processes and Their Roles
- Rock Formation I: The Rock Cycle
- Rock Formation II: Relative and Absolute Dating
- Rock Formation III: Uniformitarianism and Catastrophism
- Earth's Surface I: Erosion, Deposition, and Transport
- Earth's Surface II: Coastal Processes
- Earth's Surface III: Natural Hazards
- Energy in the Earth System: The Water Cycle
- Energy in the Earth System: Changes in the Sky
- Energy in the Earth System: Heating of the Earth by the Sun
- Energy in the Earth System: Air Movements' Effect on Weather
- Energy in the Earth System: Energy Transfer Processes
- Energy in the Earth System: Predicting Weather Patterns.
Looking to study for the CSET Exam with others? Peer2Peer University is a premier open study group platform. We are pleased to be able to offer a study group for the January 7, 2012 exam cycle.
Now, this study can be used to qualify for 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a transcripted record for successful completion of this study. The criteria for the awarding of this credit is based on successfully completing the final diagnostic questions at the end of each topic. Lessons have multiple topics, so please be sure to complete them all if you are taking this for units.
Please check with your employer/school district to ensure the applicability of these units for professional growth requirements and/or salary advancement credit.
Interested? Here's the link for all CSET study resources we offer: https://unex.uci.edu/courses/catalog.aspx?ref=2011|Fall&y=CSET&t=1.
Note: Peer2Peer University is a third party website, operated independently of the University of California, Irvine.
CSET Science 1: Dynamic Processes of the Earth by UCI OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.