Chem 51C: Organic Chemistry (Nowick) (English)
This version of Chem 51C was taught by Professor James Nowick in Spring Quarter, 2012.
Description: This is the third quarter course in the organic chemistry series. Topics covered include: Fundamental concepts relating to carbon compounds with emphasis on structural theory and the nature of chemical bonding, stereochemistry, reaction mechanisms, and spectroscopic, physical, and chemical properties of the principal classes of carbon compounds.
- James Nowick
This work (Chem 51C: Organic Chemistry by Nowick, James) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
- Chem 51C. Lec 02. Organic Chemistry: Reactivity of Carbonyl Compounds, Reduction of Aldehydes and Ketones with Hydride Nucleophiles (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 03. Organic Chemistry: Reactions of Organometallic Reagents with Carbonyl Compounds and Carboxylic Acid Derivatives with Hydride and Organometallic Reagents (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 04. Organic Chemistry: Selective Reactions and Protecting Groups in the Chemistry of Carbonyl Compounds and Organometallic Reagents. (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 05. Organic Chemistry: Aldehydes and Ketones: Reactions with Basic Nucleophiles and Acid-Catalyzed Reactions with Weakly Basic Nucleophiles (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 06. Organic Chemistry: Formation of Imines and Enamines from Aldehydes and Ketones (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 07. Organic Chemistry: Acid-Catalyzed Formation of Hydrates, Hemiacetals, and Acetals from Aldehydes and Ketones (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 08. Organic Chemistry: Chemistry of the Carboxylic Acid Family. Reactions of Acid Chlorides and Anhydrides (English)
- Chem 51C. Lec 09. Organic Chemistry: Reaction of Carboxylic Acids, Esters, Amides and Nitriles (English)