Chem 131A. Quantum Principles (English)
This course provides an introduction to quantum mechanics and principles of quantum chemistry with applications to nuclear motions and the electronic structure of the hydrogen atom. It also examines the Schrödinger equation and study how it describes the behavior of very light particles, the quantum description of rotating and vibrating molecules is compared to the classical description, and the quantum description of the electronic structure of atoms is studied.
Chemistry Dept. | Physical Sciences Sch. | University of California, Irvine
Keywords: Nuclear Motions,Electronic Structure,Hydrogen Atom,Quantum Chemistry,Schrodinger equation,postulates,Hydrogen Wave functions,Molecular Orbital Theory,rotating molecules,vibrating molecules
- A.J. Shaka Ph.D.
Chem 131A. Quantum Principles. by Dr. A.J. Shaka is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Chem 131A. Lec 02. Quantum Principles: Particles, Waves, the Uncertainty Principle and Postulates of QM (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 03. Quantum Principles: More Postulates, Superposition, Operators and Measurement (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 09. Quantum Principles: Potentials + Quantization in Two Spatial Dimensions (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 14. Quantum Principles: Atomic Spectroscopy Selection Rules, Coupling, and Terms (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 15. Quantum Principles: Hydrogen Wavefunctions, Quantum Numbers, Term Symbols (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 17. Quantum Principles: Approximation Methods: Variational Principle, Atomic Units (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 20. Quantum Principles: Hartree-Fock Calculations, Spin, and Slater Determinants (English)
- Chem 131A. Lec 25. Quantum Principles: Optimizing H2+ Molecular Orbital, H2, & Config Interaction (English)